Invitation and Guidelines
Indic Academy is non-traditional institution for traditional knowledge. At IA, we are seeking to build a global renaissance that is based on Indic civilizational thought. Over the last four years we have established various platforms and undertaken several pioneering initiatives for reading and writing. We believe in a 3R principle for writing – research, rigour and respect. One of it’s initiatives, Indic Today is now emerging as a premier platform for commentary on Indic Knowledge Systems. In order to encourage deeper research and rigour amongst committed public intellectuals and students, we are now pleased to announce the launch a new section within Indic Today for publishing research papers with the following guidelines.
Indicative list of areas/disciplines
- Conventional Social Sciences and Humanities disciplines such as Economics, Political Science, History, Geography, Sociology, Cultural/Social Anthropology or Ethnology, Public Administration, Business Management, Communication Studies, Media Studies, Philology, Linguistics, Psychology, Philosophy, Ethics, Aesthetics, Literary Criticism, Comparative Literature, Studies of Literature in various Indian languages and other world languages in so far as they are related to Indic studies.
- Studies in Indic Fine Arts or world Fine Arts such as Music, Dance, Theater, Drawing and Painting, Sculpting etc., Design and Architecture etc. in so far as they are related to Indic Studies.
- New disciplines such as Folkloristics/Folk Culture Studies, and interdisciplinary areas such as Cross Cultural Psychology, Cross-cultural Communication, Sociology of Science and Technology etc.
- Shastras such as Mimamsa, Vyakarana, Vedanta, Nyaya, Jyotisha, Vaiseshika, Sankhya , Ganita, Vastu, Sthapatya , Alankara, Agama, Tantra, S’routa, Dharmashastra etc.
- Vedic Knowledge Systems including Shastras such as the above and their contemporary Applications such as Vedic Psychology, Vedic Public Administration, Vedic Ethics, Vedic Aesthetics, Vedic Mathematics, Vedic Linguistics, Vedic Jurisprudence etc.
- Buddhist , Jain and other Indic Knowledge Systems
- Indic Indigenous Knowledge Systems such as Ethno-medicine (Indic Folk Medicine, Indic Tribal medicine), Ethno-aesthetics (Folk and Tribal insider’s aesthetic perspectives)
Research papers not falling under any of the existing areas /disciplines of study but have a potential to create a new area or a discipline of study creating a new understanding of Indic issues or topics are also welcome, in fact specially encouraged.
Though it is true that the topics of news value, current debate, current affairs etc. attract immediate attention of not only scholars and specialists but even the general reader, it is not a condition for the topics chosen for writing a research paper for us.
As is the norm in any research paper, the papers are expected to connect to the current status of knowledge on the topic and show how the paper takes the knowledge further and contributes to the understanding of the topic in the field. But exhaustive coverage of the current body of knowledge as is well known may be impossible to be covered by any researcher, a sincere attempt to be as comprehensive as possible regarding the review of previous scholarship is appreciated.
Size of the essay:
Around 7500 words.
Font and indentation:
Times New Roman 12”, 1 ½ space between lines.
Medium of Communication:
Rules for how to give references etc. (Style Sheet):
APA Style https://apastyle.apa.org/manual
Semi-academic. A balance between technical rigor and popularity/readability, disciplinary accuracy and wider readability can make the article serve the purpose of achieving general social impact beyond the usual academic impact.
Academics, Public intellectuals or anyone who can write a well-studied/researched paper on an Indic topic following the above guidelines.
We will pay Rs 7500 as compensation for the selected paper.
Selection for publication shall be based on peer review by the referees of Indic Today.
We expect to select two pieces every month.
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article belong to the author. Indic Today is neither responsible nor liable for the accuracy, completeness, suitability, or validity of any information in the article.