Indic Academy, in association with MIT, Pune, and Ritambhara, is organizing a 4-day workshop on Vaastu Shaastra for Design. Come explore the science, technology and application of India’s systematic approach to space, architecture and design, through Vaastu Shaastra in the modern context. This tutorial workshop gives in-depth overview of Indic science and technology of making vibrant and healthy spaces.
Is India’s Vaastu Shaastra a science or a belief system? Is it relevant to modern design and architecture? If so, how? Are you curious about this ancient discipline? Then, this will interest you.
Till the 16th century, the entire built environment, sculptures and craftware were made by artisans and craft communities, under the guidance of the deity – Vishwakarma. Vaastu Shilpa Shaastra is one of the oldest design systems in the world. The great cities of Ayodhya, Mohenjo-daro and Lanka were designed on its principles. It is a compendium of architecture and sculpture that goes back to the Buddhist era in written records and pre dates this in its understanding. Enormous field knowledge and experiential data was handed down orally through Parampara Siksha teaching methods. This is true of all the Indic knowledge systems including the Vedas. The knowledge base is available in 64 texts known as Vaastu Shilpa Shaastras. In addition, there are scores of texts in various Indian languages. Unlocking this wisdom with knowledge of the language and field experience, can enable its contemporary application in the following aspects.
• Site selection
• Understanding wind, rain and thermal patterns
• Ratios and proportion
• Functionality and aesthetics
• Inner delight of the designer and the user
• Harmonizing with unseen energies
• Cosmology and beneficial measures
Who will Benefit?
· Students, teachers and practitioners of Arts, Design and Architecture
· Other professionals who wish to get an overview of Indic principles in above disciplines
· Wellness/psychology students/practitioners wanting to study Indic view on space and health
· Application builders/solution providers interested in Indic Shaastras for model-based reasoning
· Principles, philosophies and manifestation: Vaastu Shilpa Shastra covers the subjects of the individual element (Vastu) and the space it occupies (Vaastu). The subject can be explained as architecture and sculpture/design of interior elements.
· The theory of design; Understanding materials, ratios and proportions; Importance of aesthetics; Relationship between the occupant and the built space; Response of wellness or delight in the user
· Benefits that accrue from the application of Ayadi or sacred measures
· Responsibility and qualifications of the designer
· Working with energies and understanding the natural system
· Creating a community using the interactive nature of space and form
· Design as an inclusive process, where the user can be a part of the solution
Dates: 16th to 19th January 2020
Venue: MIT, Loni Kalbhor, Pune
Expert: Smt. Shashikala Ananth, an architect and a Vaastu expert, is trained in human behavioural science. She has studied the original texts under the able guidance of Shri Ganapati Sthapati, one of the leading experts on Vaastu, and has been practicing with many experts in the field.
For more details:
Please visit: https://
Call on: 7702692999
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article belong to the author. Indic Today is neither responsible nor liable for the accuracy, completeness, suitability, or validity of any information in the article.