Indica Yoga presents
Bhakti Yoga- Philosophy, Practice and Transformation,
by Dr. Subramanian Ananda Venkata
Director, Adhyatma Yoga Academy,
a course that emphasizes the importance of Bhakti as an inevitable component of Yoga and its relevance in the contemporary situation and takes the aspirants into an immersive study of the philosophy, substantiated by experiential practical techniques leading to self-transformation.
- To become familiar with Bhakti Yoga as a pathway to emotional sublimation, self-surrender and transformation.
- To acquire a broader perspective of Yoga beyond postures.
- Impart the understanding of the core concepts and frameworks of Bhakti Yoga such as Bhakti, Bhagawan, Avathara, Guru, Bhava, Nava Vidha Bhakti, Sharanagati, Bhagawan Naama, Nama Sankeertana, Japa, Seva and Sakshatkara which are essential components of Sanatana Dharma
- Learn to appreciate the origin and development of Yogic thought and practices from ancient to current times.
- Be able understand and engage with the seminal texts of the Bhakti tradition in their original form like Narada Bhakti Sutra, Srimad Bhagawatam and Bhagawad Gita
- Understand the different approaches, lineages, schools and practices which are part of the greater tradition of Bhakti Yoga.
- Get to understand the life and teachings of great Bhaktas and Acharyas from across the country and traditions.
- Learn to practice a few stotras, bhajans, japa, divine ecstatic dancing, do a simplified puja and meditation
- Learn to integrate these teachings in their day to day living.
It is open to all who seek to deepen their knowledge and understanding of the Yoga tradition. It is specially designed for the benefit of:
- Yoga Teachers and Students
- Yoga therapists
- All yoga enthusiasts.
- Sadhakas and Spiritual aspirants
- 14 Live, Interactive Zoom Sessions
- 2 additional dedicated Q & A Sessions
- Access to recorded sessions
- Suggested Course Readings
- Certificate upon successful completion
14 weeks, starting from 9th March 2021
6:30pm-8:00pm IST, every Tuesday
Rs.5000/- & USD 90 (For Indian & International students respectively) upto 28th February 2021
Rs 6000/- & USD 100 (For Indian & International students respectively) from March 1, 2021 onwards.
Last Date for Registration:
06th March, 2021 (Prior registration compulsory to attend the course.)
About the Course:
“Bhakti Yoga is the path of systematized devotion for the attainment of union with the Absolute. It is the easiest and surest path to realization.”
Swami Vivekananda (Complete Works 6:90)
In spite of all scientific and technological advancements, today’s generation is suffering a lot from emotional imbalances and stress which in turn is negatively impacting their personal and professional lives. Bhakti Yoga, a classical stream of Yoga aids in emotional culturing and balance by the process of emotional sublimation in a Divine way instead of suppressing them. Great seers and realized masters like Adi Shankara, Chaitanya, Ramakrishna Paramahamsa and Swami Vivekananda have endorsed Bhakti Yoga as the easiest and best path for spiritual attainment. This certificate course on “Bhakti Yoga – Philosophy, Practice and Transformation” emphasizes the importance of Bhakti as an inevitable component of Yoga and its relevance in the contemporary situation and takes the aspirants into an immersive study of the philosophy, substantiated by experiential practical techniques leading to self-transformation.
About the Instructor:
Dr. Subramanian Ananda Venkata, (Subbu Bhaiya) is a traditional Yoga Master who not only trains the aspirants into subtle nuance of classical Yoga but takes them to the depth of Spiritual experience. An Electronics & Communication Engineer by qualification, Subbuji gave up his corporate career and shifted to the human engineering of Yoga- Spirituality inspired by the teachings of Masters like Swami Vivekananda. He is an initiated disciple of Swami Atmasthanandaji Maharaj of Ramakrishna Mission and Mahatma Krishnapremi Maharaj in Bhakti tradition. He has learnt Vedanta from Pujya Swami Dayananda Saraswati and his senior disciples. A practitioner of the path of Bhakti Since childhood, he is well acknowledged for his wisdom on Bhakti Scriptures. After his Master’s Degree and advanced trainings from the world renowned S-VYASA Yoga University, he had served the institute as a faculty and coordinator for about twelve years. He has done his Doctorate in Yoga-Spirituality from Hindu University of America, Florida, USA. He has trained hundreds of Yoga Trainers across the globe. He was blessed with the title “Kavithamani” by HH Shankaracharya Swamiji of Kanchi Mutt at the age of 13 in appreciation of his Divine poems. Currently he serves as the Director of Adhyatma Yoga Academy.
For more information, click here or contact: email@example.com.
(Image credit: templepurohit.com)
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article belong to the author. Indic Today is neither responsible nor liable for the accuracy, completeness, suitability, or validity of any information in the article.